Friday, May 22, 2009

Jeannette & Rob's "Glowing" SoBe Wedding

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that feels this way sometimes but I can almost always immediately tell from the first email whether or not I'm going to "click" with a bride.
When Jeannette first emailed me I laughed so much I was almost in tears. I knew that this planning process with her would be lots of fun and it really was.
Jeannette and Rob are an out-of-town couple from NY so needless to say Jeannette and I exchanged countless emails and lots of laughs.

Even with a little rain before the ceremony the night was perfect. The weather held up and the couple truly enjoyed their night, which is really what it's all about.

The ceremony took place at the Ancient Spanish Monastery in North Miami Beach. Gil Sosa decorated the entrance to the Cloisters and the Prayer Well area with Orchids, Hydrangea and Italian Ruscus. You really do not need to do much o the area since it's already so lovely but the floral really helped add to the beautiful garden setting.

After the ceremony were treated to a change of scenery. A chartered bus took all the guests from the ceremony to the reception site. The National Hotel on South Beach.
I love working at this venue, it's definitely in my Top 5 locations.
When guest arrived at the hotel they were welcome by the couples signature drink a Passion Fruit Mojito. Jeannette and Rob concocted this drink out of their kitchen a couple f weeks before the wedding. Many taste test were required in order to ensure that it would be something the guest would enjoy ;) Someone sign me up for that job next time!
After the cocktail hour guests moved over to the Aqua Pool for dinner and dancing.

The colors for the reception were Hot Pink and Burnt Orange. The tables were dressed in Burnt Orange Linens & Mahogany Chiavari Chairs with a white satin cushion provided by Hitched Event Rentals.
The centerpieces where tall white vases topped with white hydrangea, orange Mokara orchids and purple dendrobium orchids. LED lights were placed inside the vases and once it was dark out the vases lit up. The guests loved it.
The custom table numbers and menus were created by me.
Each chair had a box with a Cuban "cafesito" cup & saucer filled with chocolate espresso beans.
Dance South Florida provided the white acrylic dance floor that was placed under the canopy and Ubi's Music Productions provided a club lighting package that truly added to the SoBe experience.
Toward the end of dinner Alexis and I went up to the Honeymoon Suite and decorated it with flowers, candles and lots of goodies from the dessert buffet that was put out after dinner. I did not get any pictures of this but it looked beautiful. Hope you guys enjoyed it!
Honeymoon Suite decoration is an "a la carte" service we offer and it definitely provides that romantic and soothing atmosphere to come back to after the wedding day.


Jeannette & Rob, it was an absolute pleasure working with you on putting together your wedding day. Jeannette, it's been so much fun corresponding with you over the last 11 months. We'll definitely keep in touch! :)
I hope that the two of you had a fabulous Honeymoon and continue to have a fabulous life together!




1 comment:

jeannette said...

Thank you, Justine. I love all the setup shots. I've been playing them on repeat for more than a week!